99 NAMES OF ALLAH CHALLENGE
April 10, 2020
I recommend this challenge for anyone who has previously memorised the beautiful 99 Names of Allah Taala, each name separately without having to join up the names! For those young children who haven't yet memorised the names, keep an eye out for the beginner challenge!
Al-Hamdulillah once again we have initiated this noble task to memories the beautiful 99 names of Allah Taala.
This time as students have so much time in hand, I have decided that we’re going to learn 10 beautiful names of Allah Ta’ala per week and as part of this exercise I want the students to part take in the following activity at home. Parents are requested to engage with their children to make this fun and interesting. Remember they have a whole week to prepare for this so NO excuses!
1) Start by memorising the 10 beautiful Names of Allah Taala. I have instructed the students on how they should memorize this. Students must memories the 1st 10 names by following Monday 20th April. We will be giving 10 new names every Mondays In-sha-allah.
2) Study their meaning and look for images that can be associated with them (Magazines, newspaper, online etc)
3) Print and cut out the images and glue them on a large sheet of paper (you can use cereal boxes if you wish). If you are unable to print out the images then you can always use Microsoft word/publisher to display your work.
The following activity will give your child a better understanding of the names of Allah Taala as well as help them to memorise the Names and meanings. This hands-on activity will also develop fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination and enhance creativity. A sample set of images are included with this activity that you may use as a starting point.
4) Talk about and reflect on the names and there meaning with your parents.
5) Send your finished work to myself at the end of the week and I’ll promise to showcase your hard work on our website and throughout our social media platform.
6) Chidden who memories the 99 Names of Allah correctly will have the opportunity to say them in front of our dear teacher Shaykh Mufti Saiful Islam and the successful ones will receive a signed certificate from Shaykh Mufti sab and a present 🎁 from myself.
1) AR-RAHMAAN - The Compassionate
2) AR-RAHEEM - The Merciful
3) AL-MALIK - The King
4) AL-QUDDUS - The Pure
5) AS-SALAM - The Giver of Peace
6) AL-MU’MIN - The giver of Faith
7) AL-MUHAYMIN - The Protector
8) AL-AZEEZ - The Strong
9) AL-JABBAR - The Compeller
10) AL-MUTAKABBIR - The Majestic
The first pillar of imaan (faith) in Islam is Belief in Allah. As Muslims, we believe in Allah Taala in accordance with His beautiful names and attributes. Allah Taala has revealed His names repeatedly in the Holy Quran for us to understand who He is. Learning and memorizing the names of Allah Taala will help us to identify the correct way to believe in Him. There is nothing more sacred and blessed than understanding the names of Allah and living by them. How do we expect to worship, love, fear and trust our Lord, The Almighty Allah, if we don’t know who He is?
Allah says in the Quran:
And to Allah belong the best names, so invoke Him by them.. (Quran 7:180)
Allah – there is no deity except Him. To Him belong the best names. (Quran 20:8)
He is Allah, the Creator, the Inventor, the Fashioner; to Him belong the best names. (Quran 59:24)
Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) said, “Allah has ninety-nine names, i.e. one-hundred minus one, and whoever knows them will go to Paradise.” (Sahih Bukhari)
Abu Huraira reported Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) as saying: There are ninety-nine names of Allah; he who commits them to memory would get into Paradise. Verily, Allah is Odd (He is one, and it is an odd number) and He loves odd number..” (Sahih Muslim)